On 30 Mar 98 at 9:16, Deminkspot wrote:

> And another thing-  I never ever here anyone speak about being hyperthermic
> (or is that hypo?) after a bad insulin reaction.  I get so cold that no amount
> of blankets and clothing and room heat can warm me up.  My teeth chatter and I
> shake all over.  (Usually I fill the tub with warm water and climb in -
> clothes and all -even at 3 a.m. in the morning- to bring my body heat up.  If
> I can stop shaking long enough to make a cup of tea - that goes into the tub
> with me.)  Anybody else have this experience?

I get "cold sweat" and spend the next several hours trying to get
warm.  I've climbed under the electric blanket with it turned all the
way up to try to get warm.  It is a chill that goes all the way
through too.  About the only thing I haven't tried is a "hot toddy"
but there are times this teetotaller would have drunk one if it had
been available...

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.