[IP] Being cold after an insulin reaction

Hi Dianne,

I absolutely freeze after a reaction and always have.  I am initially hot
and sweaty if it is bad, but quickly turn cold.  I also can have 6
blankets, a hot water bottle, heat at 80 and feel like I am at the North
Pole skinny dipping.  I have found the tub or a hot shower (long) to be the
only way to get comfortable relatively quickly.

The cold feels internal versus external. My husband will sit there sweating
and pile more blankets on me.  It is like the core body temperature has
significantly dropped.

type 1, 18 years
pump, 13 years

>As the weather warms and the sun climbs out of bed at an even earlier hour
>each day I rejoice in the light and wonder, not at the glory of the day I'm
>afraid, but whether or not other pumpers with 'dawn phenomenon' notice a
>change in the same with the different daylight hours.  My BG 'seems' very
>dependent on the amount of light in a day- crazy as that sounds, and I realize
>there is the theory that the 'growth hormone' or whatever is what causes this
>phenomenon in the first place-- it just seems to me that it is NOT always the
>same.  Pumpers?
>And another thing-  I never ever here anyone speak about being hyperthermic
>(or is that hypo?) after a bad insulin reaction.  I get so cold that no amount
>of blankets and clothing and room heat can warm me up.  My teeth chatter and I
>shake all over.  (Usually I fill the tub with warm water and climb in -
>clothes and all -even at 3 a.m. in the morning- to bring my body heat up.  If
>I can stop shaking long enough to make a cup of tea - that goes into the tub
>with me.)  Anybody else have this experience?

Vancouver, BC, Canada