Re: [IP] Broken Tubing Part

A couple tricks to make sure the tubing / reservoir / cartridge connections
are intact and not leaking:

1) Insulin smells something like Band Aids. I am always alert for this
smell if my BGs don't respond like they should. If I detect this tell tale
smell, I will always check the tubing connection at the hub as well as the
cannula to make sure nothing is leaking.

2)  To check for leakage at the "Luer lock" connection (tubing / reservoir
/ cartridge connection), take a small piece of tissue paper and hold it
around the Luer lock connection. Any moisture on the tissue suggests that
there is a leak at the junction. The connection may need to be tightened
properly, or if the hub is cracked, the tubing and / or reservoir /
cartridge need replacing.

By the way, the No Delivery alarm will result from the pump detecting "back
pressure", as would happen with an occlusion. A leak in the tube or
connecting hub will not result in back pressure and consequently will not
trigger an alarm.

mailto:email @ redacted