[IP] QUESTION about feet problems

Ted and Marilyn wrote:

> BBradRN wrote:
> > This could be very serious with a foot infection.  Depending on the organisms
> > involved, your insulin needs could increase dramatically!!!You need to be sure
> > the extra bolusing does not cause a crash later, that is why you need to test
> > every two hours until it starts going in the right direction.  I DID NOT say
> > you would need to bolus every two hours, but if you raise that basal rate for
> > a few hours temporarily, it could buy you some time to get control.  Are you
> > nauseated?  If so, go to ER or call MD.  Talk to MD, anyway.  Please take care
> > of it.
> > Barbara
> > Insulin-Pumpers website   http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/
>   Brad,
>       Does being nauseous mean high sugars?  I'm nauseous and thirsty alot even if
> my levels are not high.  I'm nauseous now and my level is 178.  Any advice?
>    Marilyn

 I now have a bone under my second to last toe on both feet that is irritating the
skin and making it sore.  It was first diagnosed by my skin doctor as a corn but my
foot doctor now tells me I need an operation since it is a bone  that needs to be
reduced.  It hurts a little when I walk and the doctor saids since I am young I should
have the operation now.  I just don't want to have more problems than I'm having now
after the operation.  I'm going for a second opinion this week.
Anyone have this problem before?