I think MJ is right. I just received my MM507 yesterday and have been
talking to my rep quite a bit lately. He had mentioned to me that there
are 2 extra infrared ports on the back for future use. I believe one is
for the future glucose sensor as this was mentioned to me by my soon to
be trainer (as of Monday!!) who works in the Diabetes Research Study
department at the hospital. There is a study for this sensor happening
in the near future which I am trying to get involved in.

Ciao for now,