[IP] pumping and children

email @ redacted wrote:
> Randall,
> Congrats!!!!!
> Just wondering if you could offer me any advice on my 4yr old daughter.
> I've been on the pump for almost 2 mos, but my daughter seems to be
> showing some anger towards me. She understands that the pump is a very

Maybe your daughter isn't responding to the pump at all.  Other mothers
DO wear pagers and cell phones... so you're not really all that
different.  Try to talk to her and find out what the problem IS.  If it
is the pump, you'll need to work through the issues, but most 4 year
olds don't understand death in the same sense that we as adults do, so I
doubt that it is what you see to think it may be.  Maybe she is just
going through a clinging stage, mabe she doesn't like her daycare
center, maybe there are other issues.  I hope you can work this out just
by talking with her and REALLY listening, if not, a pediatric counselor
may be able to help.

I hope I didn't offend you.