Re: [IP] Six Months and still clicking...

> Just wondering if you could offer me any advice on my 4yr old daughter.
> I've been on the pump for almost 2 mos, but my daughter seems to be
> showing some anger towards me. She understands that the pump is a very
> good thing and keeps me healthy. She often says to me that she doesn't
> want me to leave when I drop her off at her activity,she wants me to
> stay and wait. I think she is scared of losing me for real. Maybe she
> notices that other mommies don't wear a pump? I constantly reassure her
> that I love her and would never leave her, mommies always come back. I
> also tell her I'm going to be around for a long long time. I don't know
> what else to do. My 6 yr old thinks my pump is totally cool!!!

This doesn't have anything to do with your pump. It is a typicall
response from a 4 year old to a parent dropping them off and then
leaving. I have lots of experience.... All 5 of my kids were 4 once
and all went to the same nursery school (starting at 3). Fortunately,
only a couple of them were really bad about this sort of thing and
after a few weeks finally let me (or mom) leave. HOWEVER, there were
always at least one or two moms that couldn't bear to let their
little darlings tough it out once and awhile to get them use to
parent separation.  Those poor people spent the whole year sitting in
nursery school with their kids. Of course, the next year, everything
was fine.

As long as your daughter lets you leave you are in good shape. She
will aclimate in a resonable amount of time (of course what's
reasonable to you and to her are gonna be different :-)