Re: [IP] Six Months and still clicking...

I took care of friend's small children in college for large periods of time
and noticed a few things that might help.  I generally get along great with
kids.  I found that when I was feeling uncomfortable about the pump they
were ambivalent, but when I showed it to them as a neat gizmo, all was
sunny.  What would surprise me was the interest even very small kids took
in figuring things our!  Could you have her help you blood test and talk
about what you're doing with her?  Maybe she's picking up on the fact that
grownups tend to discuss things like sites and doses and exclude small
children?  Also, some four year olds may have these kind of insecurities
anyway (think about those famous kindergarten scenarios -- the reason one
school district recently on the news is upping the age to start
kindergarten).  If that's the problem, letting her help you make decisions
might make her feel less insecure.

Hope things get better!