Re: [IP] Steph's a "Real" pumper now!

> bsale wrote:
> Stephanie saw her endo Tues. afternoon and finally started pumping insulin on
> Wednesday. The first day and a half were hard (the endo said carb counting was
> worthless, she had to pump Regular - he'd never even heard of buffered R! -
> and set some basal rates that were way off base - how low can she go?).

Who is worthless here?

> by lunch I'd had enough of 300+ readings, and called her trainer and took
> personal responsibility for switching her over to Humalog, which is what she'd
> been on since it came on the market.

Way to go, glad you took control! It's gonna have to happen sometime, might as
well be now before things get too far out of hand.

 Imagine our delight when she
> was at 104 at dinnertime, and 127 one hour after eating! May the rest of her
> pumping career go as well as the last 6 hours! (Yep, most all of the remaining
> regular should be about out of her system, and we're watching closely to be
> sure she doesn't have a problem tonight!)

Glad you're doing so well, it's what it's all about, after all.

Ted Quick
MM506 for 4.3 years, Humalog since market release