Re: [IP] Steph's a "Real" pumper now!

> when she was at 104 at dinnertime, and 127 one hour after eating!
> May the rest of her pumping career go as well as the last 6 hours!
> (Yep, most all of the remaining regular should be about out of her
> system, and we're watching closely to be sure she doesn't have a
> problem tonight!) So to cut to the chase...many thanks for all the
> good info I've picked up from y'all...I'm learning to be a better
> advocate for my child's health!
Yep, Yep, Yep!!!
Profile her fasting basals every 2 hours on two separate occasions as
soon as you can. Do it in shifts starting with nightime (skip dinner)
then morning (skip breakfast) go 'til about 2:00 then mid-afternoon
(skip lunch). Do each profile at least 2 or more days after the
previous one and duplicate the profile before going on to the next

See the graphic basal rate estimator under the HOWTO's on the web
site.  1:00 or 2:00 am checks for a while are probably a good idea
and then spot check once and a while after that.

Keep glucose tabs to raise lows quickly. Keep glucose gel and
injectable glucose in case you make a big mistake and she won't wake
up.  I don't mean to alarm you, a BIG low can happen with any insulin
therapy, not just pumps. When changing therapy regemens it's easy to
screw up. My daughter managed to do it on her birthday in Hawaii
after a big piece of birthday cake. Went down the tubes at about
midnight and scared the xxxx out out of us - no harm done. If you
want more info on this, e-mail me.

Lily's dad - Michael