[IP] Steph's a "Real" pumper now!

Stephanie saw her endo Tues. afternoon and finally started pumping insulin on Wednesday. The first day and a half were hard (the endo said carb counting was worthless, she had to pump Regular - he'd never even heard of buffered R! - and set some basal rates that were way off base - how low can she go?). Today by lunch I'd had enough of 300+ readings, and called her trainer and took personal responsibility for switching her over to Humalog, which is what she'd been on since it came on the market. The endo had also said to keep her very calm for several weeks (not my little energizer bunny) and to have her eat pretty much the same sorts of things at the same times of day for several weeks til we got things figured out. Fortunately, we had switched to H with meals and NPH at bed time for the previous week, so I had a fairly decent idea  of her carb to insulin ratio (thanks to Pumping Insulin), and based on her weight and previous total insulin intake, a good starting place for her basal rates (again thanks to Pumping Insulin). Imagine our delight when she was at 104 at dinnertime, and 127 one hour after eating! May the rest of her pumping career go as well as the last 6 hours! (Yep, most all of the remaining regular should be about out of her system, and we're watching closely to be sure she doesn't have a problem tonight!) So to cut to the chase...many thanks for all the good info I've picked up from y'all...I'm learning to be a better advocate for my child's health!