[IP] Balky NYC Dr.

> >  She said that if that was what we wanted to do we would have to find another
> > endo.
If she really did say that, it borders on being medically unethical.
Threatening to withold treatment in order to blackmail a patient into
accepting a known inferior treatment regiemen is a really serious
error in judgement and should be reported to the state board of
medical examiners.  I would suggest to this doctor that if she is
so egotistical and so ingrained in her ways that she refuses to talk
to other physicians about the up-to-date treatment of your child that
you consider the threat tantamount to malpractice and if that she
does not relent that you will file a complaint against her with the
medical board. You can be polite and firm at the same time. You have
nothing to lose but the health of your child if you continue with
this doc without forcing her to update her medical knowledge.

This group can supply many Dr.'s phone numbers that she can consult
with on the proper treatement of pump patients.

Insulin-Pumpers now has 240 members including many CDE's, RN's,
Dr.'s, Scientests (in the field of diabetes), parents of pumping
children, pump industry representatives, pumpers and quite a few
prospective pumpers waiting for installation. There is a wealth of
knowledge and experience available to anyone for the asking. ---just
a phone call away.