Re: [IP] NYC endo

Janet & company:
    I agree with your concerns regarding what Debbie's being told by her endo.
For clarification, compazine is an OLD anti-emetic drug which I was given
after my first chemo ostensibly to quell any nausea & prevent me from throwing
    Three days later, when I lifted my head out of the trashcan & accessed the
AOL Breast Cancer board, I discovered that not only DOESN'T the compazine work
for most people, it can actually make the nausea WORSE!!!  Many docs still
start out prescribing it because it costs $13 for 10 pills versus $210 for 10
Zofran pills....Well the Zofran which I eventually got worked WONDERS....
    Hmmmm..this sounds suspiciously like docs who keep "dispensing" outmoded,
arcane diabetes advice when those of us who are much more "current" about the
"state of the art" know otherwise!!!!
     Just my 3 cents (inflation, you know)

Renee (aka Melissa's mom)