[IP] Re: Complete meter

Hey Gang,
    Just to let you know this old country boy not wanting to be outdone. . .
I got on the phone the other day after several of you had reported to us
about getting the "free" meters. I called Boehringer Mannheim at
1-800-858-8072  . I told her I wanted the number of the rep in my area and
she gave me:
Gary Naylor Rep. 1-800-845-7355  ext. 5764  (voice mail).
    I called him and left just my name and phone number. It was the next day
or two before he returned my call and of course I was gone to the doctor. He
called back yesterday afternoon and I explained that I was a member of
"Insulin Pumper's" mailing list and I was hearing about all these people
getting these free meters to test and was very interested in getting one. I
explained that I used approximately 300 strips a month and was a "hi tech
redneck" and had a PC that I wanted to download the 1000 readings into. I
finally let him get a word in edgewise and he said "It sounds like what you
need is a starter kit." I said if it has the downloading cable and the meter
that is what I'm looking for. He asked for my name and address and my
doctors name and then told me they usually go through the doctor's office
but since I was in a rural area he would see what he could do. I thanked him
and now I wait. . . . . . . .  I don't think it would hurt to try this.
"Nothing beats success but a failure to start!"

Good Luck,

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted