Re: [IP] Question on blood test (TSH serum level)An Answer

email @ redacted wrote:

>      I had blood work done last week due to my continual tiredness,
>      sleepiness and falling down dozing (zzzzzz).
>      Everything thank G-d was normal (electrolytes, HGB A1c = 7.3 (but Dr
>      wants it higher (100-200 mg/dl) because he's afraid of me passing out
>      from a low sugar since I don't 'feel it' anymore)).
>      Only thing 'off reference' was the TSH, SERUM which came up as 4.40
>      where normal is (0.40-4.20).  Dr told me this is very slightly off and
>      if I hadn't had sleep condition and very dry skin recently he probably
>      wouldn't look twice.  He ran a second set of bloods which I'll get
>      back on Thursday.
>      Dr told me that diabetes and thyroid problems seem to go together.
>      Anyone on list have any data, (self or otherwise), info, on-line pages
>      where I can learn about this if needed?  Is this number anything to
>      worry about?  (Why can't I just have simple long term diabetes and
>      leave all these other things to animals in test studies?)
>      Yerachmiel Bruchya haLevi Altman
>      Please send responses direct to me (when I get lots of mail I
>      sometimes delete BEFORE I read and this is painful)
>      email @ redacted

I've been taking sythroid, thyroid medicine for 7 months and I'm not very tired
anymore. The pill is so small and it will make you feel much better if you need
it. I have hashimoto disease which my doctor told me has nothing to do with my
diabetes. However, I have heard on this computer that my doctor was wrong.  I'm
sure I couldn't have done anything to prevent it.  I just hope that is the
worst of my health worries- siris- a little yidish.