Re: [IP] Accu-Chek Complete vs. OneTouch Profile(some questions)

Dan Oliver wrote:

> I did the same side-by-side with an Accu-Chek Advantage and a OneTouch
> Profile some time ago (the Advantage and the Complete use the same strip,
> and both use the same test electronics, according to Boehringer).
> I found that the Advantage gave readings consistently around 10-11% higher
> than the Profile.  I had read somewhere at the time that the Advantage was
> likely (in the U.S., anyway) tuned to more closely match the plasma readings
> that labs produce.  As I recall this equates to artificially increasing the
> whole-blood result by multiplying it by 1.125.
> That's pretty darn close to the difference that I saw empirically.  The only
> thing that I had to do as a result was to raise my BG target range by 12%.
> The correlation between the two meters was very close during the entire
> experiment (which is pretty amazing for home-testing devices).  The only
> significant difference was the aforementioned offset.
> HTH,
> DanO
> --------
> At 09:22 3/24/98 -0700, Kristine wrote:
> >In 3 days worth of side-by-side testing from the same drop of blood,
> >the Complete was consistently 6 to 10 mg/dl higher than the Profile.
> > It was closer (6) in the hypo range and the error got bigger with
> >larger bg's.

> >Kristine L. Govertsen

  Dear Dan,
Are saying that the profile isn't accurate?  The accu-chek is a better way to
go?  I haven't used that one for about seven yrs. since I've been using the
profile.  Are the highs on the Profile not really high enough????
Marilyn from Maryland