Re: [IP] NYC endo

I would suggest first that your pediatric endo get a copy of Pumping
Insulin by John Walsh and read it. You should get a copy and read it, too.
It covers nearly everything s/he would want to know about pumping --
picking initial basal rates and bolus ratios, how to fine-tune them, how to
adjust for exercise, etc. I got mine through Minimed, free with my pump --
I suggest calling Minimed and asking for a copy.

Second, of course, it would be helpful for your pediatric endo to have a
resource doctor who's familiar with pumping, or for you to switch to an
endo with lots of pump patients. Like Michael said, it's probably more
important to have an endo familiar with pumps than familiar with kids. (But
I can understand if you like your current endo and want to stay with her.)

Your local Minimed rep may be able to suggest some endos (even if you get a