[IP] High bg after exercise

> Someone was talking about post exercise high BG caused by the 'adrenaline'
> rush and NOT by low BG. (I am assuming my body is just emptying out the store
> house in case I decide to boogey all night.  - which I don't {sad but true} )
> I love the feel of the intensity of exercise and need to lose some weight and
> do not want to take a lot of insulin an hour or so after I finish.  My BG is
> normal (114 mg/dl )  before, during, and immediately after thanks to mega
> juicing-  but then the high climbs and continues climbing and I am checking my
> BG every 30 minutes for the rest of the evening.  I've even taken 1 -2 cups of
> oj after I exercised so my body would know it had plenty of fuel (leave that
> liver alone!!!) but to no avail.  Anyone have any solutions for this?
Try something besides the juice for carbo. Juice contains complex
sugars that take a long time to digest and may contribute mightly to
the after exercise high.  Try something simple like saltines or ritz
crackers, metered out at 10-15 grams of carbo / hour -- or whatever
it is you need.  This will provide the glucose you need over a 20-45
minute period then go away and not contribute further.