[IP] Re Various -Exercise highs.

I may be wrong which hormone gets the bg to go high.  When I have
skyrocketed, I check my urine for keytones.  If there are keytones, the
implication is that the high is a response to a low.  Otherwise some other
cause is responsible.  I have read a book that descibes the complicated
reaction the body can have to exercise.

What I do to avoid the post-high is both carbo load and bolus to cover some
of it.  If I need 40 gm of carbs to cover am activity, I may eat 60 gm and
bolus to cover the "added" 20.  This keeps enough carbs in my system and
keeps the "serum insulin" levels high enough that the muscles don't signal
the release of stored energy so readily.  While this works for me, I think
that a lot depends both on an individual's body and on the specific type of
exercise (intesity and duration) that is being undertaken.