Re: [IP] humalog and velosulin

Michelle Rands wrote:
> Couldn't you run regular in the pump and inject humalog into the
> silhouette at meals?

Yes, it's possible. I've seen something saying that some people use theem
ONLY for injecting with a separate needle.

I am pretty sure that Micheal? said that Lily
> injected humalog into the QR but had to do some calculations because of
> the length of the tail retaining regular insulin but with the silhouette
> the reserved insulin would not be that much...i guess my question is...
> can a syringe be inserted into the silhouette to deliver insulin without
> damage to the silhouette ...and has anyone tried using r in the pump and
> injecting h into the inf set...and how much insulin is in the
> canula?

About .5 or .6 units is all. As longa as the bolus was much m,ore than that it
shoudl only moderate the Humalog activity curve slightly, sort of like a mixture
at whatever ratio it works out to.

Ted Quick