[IP] Prescribing Pizza???

Hi all,

Yesterday morning I changed my set and must have gotten it in at too shallow
of an angle.  It hurt and my BS rose up to 237 after breakfast.  I changed it
again and bolused.  I had a hard time bringing it down, and had to bolus some
more...it started coming down. But by this time it was 1:00 and I had to eat
lunch because I had an appointment to keep with a bunch of fifth graders. My
BS was 189 and falling but I couldn't wait any longer to eat.  I decided ON
PURPOSE to eat some pizza because I knew from experience that it wouldn't all
kick in right away.  I spread my bolus over one hour with a square wave.  At
2:00 my BS was at 219 but when I got home at 4:00 it had come down to 86 and
was fine for the rest of the day.

I was just wondering... do any of you also purposely eat food with high fat
content on occasion when you are high and you know that the insulin is already
working?

MJ