Re: [IP] Skin Irratations

>I've been on the MiniMed 507 for approximately 6 months and I am having
>  problems with skin irratations ( I believe from the adhesive). I use the
>  Minimed QR insertion set. Any advice? All my doctor said to do was to use a
>  cortizone cream. I need your help ! Thanks in advance :-)

I used to be irritated by the sof-set tape (in more than one sense of the
word!).  It often made me itch AND it didn't stick!  I started using the
Kendall polyskin II tape instead of the tape that comes with the sof-sets and
this helped quite a bit.  But I think I was still having a bit of a reaction
to the adhesive on the clear plastic wings on the sof-set.  Combining this
problem with the fact that I was having extreme discomfort from the sof-sets
hitting muscle, I decided to switch to the Silhouettes.  Boy am I a happy
camper now!  The adhesive on the Silhouettes seems to be very good -- no need
to add extra tape, and it doesn't irritate my skin.  It might be in your best
interest to call Minimed and get them to send you some samples.

Mary Jean