Re: [IP] Happy Pumping to you

On 18 Mar 98 at 18:33, email @ redacted wrote:

>      On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 at 8:52 Randall Winchester wrote:
>      >On 18 Mar 98 at 9:27, Theresa Walkup wrote:
>      >> Hi All:
>      >>
>      >> Well, last night I started pumping with saline
>      >> Terry
>      > Congratulations Terry!  Have fun learning about the pump...
>      > Let us know when you start on insulin and we'll sing "Happy
>      > Assimilation Day" to you...
>      > Randall Winchester
>      I was just wondering why 'assimilation' day.  I would think it would
>      be something like:
It comes from a comment a co-worker made right after I started on the
pump.  He said that I looked like a Borg from Star Trek with the
tubing coming out of my belt and looped over to the pump...  The
reference to assmilation is from the standard Borg greeting
"Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated."   If we are
cyborgs,  and we are relatively happy with it, then it makes sense
to sing "Happy Assimilation Day"....
Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.