[IP] questions

From: Eileen Healey <email @ redacted>

I am just recently receiving the insulin-pumpers-digest and I am not too =
sure how it works.  But I would like to ask everyone if they have had =
any problems with Humalog.  I was put on Humalog on December 10, 1997 =
and the last A1C I had was a 6.9 which is the worst one I have had in 3 =

My doctor does not want me to go back on Velosulin - but I don't always =
listen to my doctor.  My feeling is that if I had A1C's of 5.2 on =
Velosulin - it obviously worked better than the Humalog.  I am having =
many more Highs and actually keeping them longer using Humalog. =20

I am going crazy - I have been late too work alot the past few months =
because I have been getting sick in the morning from the highs during =
the night.  I always used to worry about the overnight lows (which I =
have to say I prefer).

When I previously took Velosulin, I would take it anywhere from 15 to 30 =
minutes prior to eating a meal - but not knowing exactly what I was =
going to eat sometimes I took it as I was eating.

Has anyone taken Velosulin and Humalog together?  Does it work?  How do =
you do it?  Keep in mind this is my first time e-mailing a group - =
please be nice.  Thank you,