Re: [IP] Misconceptions about IDDM

Diabetes puts a pregnancy in the high risk category. When I got diabetes 22
years ago, we were told that we could not have children. Too much risk to
child and mother.

Medication, care and technology have changed that. But it is still considered
a high risk pregnancy that needs careful watching etc.. You will find quite a
few mothers on this list (and I mean the kind with kids, lol) even one with
twins! I hope to be included in this list soon.