Re: [IP] Misconceptions about IDDM

Dear Denise

Sorry to say, but they are NOT misconceptions.  Diabetics are 5 times more
likely to have heart disease, kidney disease and many other potentially life-
shortening problems.  Without good care this will definitely shorten your (my)
llife expectancy.  Even with good care we can just have bad luck.

As far as having children -- I had one before I became diabetic and 1 after.
Pregnancy makes BS control more difficult and the fetus is more at risk.  My
outcome was good -- my daughter is now 31 years old and has two daughters of
her own.  (My endo encourages any young woman even trying to get pregnant to
go on the pump!)