Re: [IP] MRI's

The appendix of my Disetronic manual states:  "Do not put the pump in
direct line of X-rays, CT, or MRI radiation. Avoid strong static
electricity or electromagnetic fields, without protection".

My MiniMed 506 manual states:  "If you are going to have a CAT scan, an
MRI, or any other type of radiation, TAKE YOUR PUMP OFF".

Both of these statements seem to be directed at the patient, rather than an
"observer". I interpret these warnings to be directed to someone who comes
in direct line / contact with these devices or scanners. If in doubt, it
might be a good idea to remove the pump or make sure that it is thoroughly
shielded before proceeding.

mailto:email @ redacted