[IP] Member Directory (2nd Posting)

Hi Gang,

Happy Saint Paddy's Day.

This is the second posting of the Member Directory. It is an alphabetical list
of the members including some basic info for easy access.

If you would like to be included on this list, please EMAIL ME DIRECTLY at
email @ redacted    DO NOT hit reply. DO NOT post corrections or updates to the
list. That will get way to confusing.

The basic information that I am looking for is at the bottom of the list.

Insulin Pumpers Directory List
Updated March 17, 1998
43 members

Yerachmiel Bruchya haLevi Altman
DOB: 4 Oct '59
Lakewood, NJ
 (212) 736-4433 ext 4323 (work)
 (908) 363-2236 (home)
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: Nov '61 (25 months old)
Pump: Autosyringe 6 ?? , Jun '80,  Minimed 507
Insulin: Humalog
I have personal experience with: Diabetes, Neuropathy, Retinopathy, Carpal
Tunnel (operation), no 'feeling' for hypo/hyperglycemia, 'brittle' control,
autonomic gastroparesis (delayed gastric emptying)

Bill Van Antwerp
V.P. Chief Scientific Officer
MiniMed Inc
12744 San Fernando Road
Sylmar CA 91342
Phone 818 362 5958 x 2913
Fax 	818 364 2246
email 	email @ redacted

Albert R. "Buddy" Barber
2335 FM 92
Woodville, Texas   75979-9648
(409) 283-2253
email @ redacted
DX'ed July 1?, 1959  (approx 1 month post 12th b/day)
MM 507 1/06/97    Velosulin  11:1
heart attacks    3
heart disease    angioplasty X2  stints X2
married - 30 years 1/1/98
2 boys (adopted) 22/16

Cliff Bateman
DOB:  June 11, 1944
Virginia Beach, VA
Tel: 757-467-3603
E-mail:  email @ redacted
Dxnd: January, 1980
Pump: Minimed 507 in November 1994 (started with a 506)
Insulin: Humalog
I have personal experience adjusting basal rates with extensive aerobic
exercise while jogging, exercising in the gym, and riding a bicycle up to 100
miles per day.

Laurie Brack
DOB: 8-8-52
Orofino, Idaho
Tel: 208-476-3296
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: Easter of 1961
Pump: Mini-med since Oct. 13, 1996
Insulin: 1/5 Velosulin & Humalog
 I have had personal experience with laser surgery 3x. I have a child
without the use of a pump, in 1971.  I have one kidney. Hammer toes fixed.

Crystal Carrier
DOB: 5/21/54
Washington, Mich
Tele: 810-781-4505
Email: email @ redacted (Crystal Carrier
Dxnd: 7/68
Pump Type and Start Date: MM 506 4/96
Insulin: Humalog
I had two children while on 1-2 shot a day regimen ( before meters); have
had multiple laser txms to eyes, neuropathy, surgery X10 for trigger
finger, proteinuria, low Hgb (from low production of EPO in kidneys, taking
ProCrit); and Hashimotos (sp?) disease

Tammy Cervantes
DOB: Aug.15,1965
Galveston, Texas
(409) 740-0816
email @ redacted (Cervantes, Tammy S.)
Dxnd: March 03,1983
Pump: MM 506: Sept. 1995
I have personal experience with : Diabetes and Pregnancy, Adhesives ,
beginning stage to Neuropathy, trouble with hypoglycemia.

Joy Cottle
DOB: 12-Nov-71
New Zealand
Email: email @ redacted (Joy)
Dxnd: 18-Oct-92
Pump Type and Start Date:  Minimed 507 Feb 98
Insulin:  Actrapic
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Pregnancy, Neuropathy, Insulin
resistance, 'brittle' control

Craig R. Deering
DOB: 08-23-56
Waterford, Pennsylvania
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: 08-67 11 years old
Pump: Mini-Med 507 12-15-97
I have personal experience with: Diabetes, Neuropathy(feet), Retinopathy(no
serious complications yet), Take ace inhibitor for beginning kidney problems.

Becky Draper
DOB:  1/10/59
Hammond, WI
Tele:  715-796-8883
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: 1/25/77
Pump Type and Start Date:  Minmed 507, start any day now
Insulin:  Humolog/ NPH  (Humolog only on the pump)
I have personal experience with:  1 pregnancy, miscarried.  (hence, no
kids), some beg stages of Kidney problems.

Katie Dubravec
Houston, TX
(281) 855-7233
Email: email @ redacted
DOB: 2/5/66
Dxnd: May 1976
Pump: Disetronic Dec.16, 1996
Insulin: Humalog
Beginning stages of Diabetic Retinopathy

Lori Eckrich
DOB: 2-15-60
Sioux Falls, SD  (really Tea - but NO ONE has heard of that)
Tele: (605)498-5527
Email:email @ redacted or email @ redacted
Dxnd: 2-15-71
Pump: Minimed 507  1-12-98
Insulin: Humalog
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Pregnancy (3, all healthy girls-
but prepump), Neuropathy - gastroparesis.

Ruth Elowitz
DOB:  11/30/66
Berkeley, CA
Tele:  (510) 528-2097
email @ redacted
Dxnd:  11 years
Pump:  First Pump-AutoSyringe November 1982.     Have had a version of the
Minimed since 1983ish.
Insulin:  Mix Velosulin and Humalog
I have personal experience with Neuropathy, gastroparesis, hypoglycemia

Sara Falconer
DOB:    6/27/63
Tele:   212-258-2699
Dxnd:   April 1974
Pump:   507 - started w/506 3/1/93
Insulin:  Velosulin regular
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Surgery, Retinopathy,
Vitrectomy, imparied kidney function, drug test studies

Sue Gordon
DOB: 1/15/49
State College, PA
Email:  email @ redacted
Dxnd: 3/9/82
Pump:  MiniMed 507 - 3/3/98
Insulin:  Humalog

Forrest J. Green
DOB:  12/16/71
City, State: Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Tele:  (734) 994-6367
email @ redacted
Dxnd:  November, 1992
Pump:  Disetronic, January 18th, 1998
Insulin:  Humalog
I currently have no complications..

Rosalind Kopfstein
DOB:1/2/49 (49 y.o)
Foxboro, MA
email @ redacted (Rosalind Kopfstein)
Dxnd:1966 (at age 17)
Pump: MM 507. Started 2/95
Insulin: Humalog
Unfortunately - familar with carpal tunnel syndrome, cataracts, glaucoma, mild

Meshell Lavina
DOB:  10/26/58
Dallas, TX
Telephone: (214) 341-8854
EMail:  email @ redacted
Diagnosed:  4/64
Pump:  MiniMed 507, Started 5/14/97
Insulin:  Humalog
Personal Experience with Diabetes & Proliferative Retinopathy, Frozen

Jim Lieb
DOB: 9/4/52
Erie, Pa.
Tele: 814/868-1284
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: 11/79
Pump: MM506 1/95
Insulin: Humalog

Jimm Lubenow
DOB:    07/05/68
Cypress, Texas (near Houston)
Tel:  281-379-4275
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: 7/88
Pump: Minimed 507, September 97
Insulin: Humalog

Nancy Ludwig
Born 1-29-72
Live in Xenia, Ohio
Tel 937-372-8888
email @ redacted (Nancy Ludwig)
Dx'd  7-1986 at age 14
MM 507 pumper   Started on December 9th, 1997
Personal experience with one miscarriage and one healthy pregnancy.

Vicki McDonald
DOB:   3/5/50
New Haven, CT
Tele: (203) 387-8364
Email:  email @ redacted
Dxnd:  1/64
Pump:  MiniMed 507, 3/2/98
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Pregnancy

Rodney Mead
DOB: May 20,1956
Omaha, NE
tele: 402-341-4446
Dxnd: May 20, 1978
Pump:	Disetronic H-TRON PLUS V-100	Oct 5,1979
Insulin: VelosulinBR
EXPERIENCES: I have autonomic gastroparesis (delayed gastric emptying)

Roz Mincher
DOB: 1946
Burlingame, Calif. (San Francisco area)
Tele: (650)343-8583
email: email @ redacted
dxnd: 8-1964
Pump: MM507, started MM506 9-95
Insulin: Humalog and Velosulin mix 4-1
Personal experience with: diabetes, heart disease (bypass surgery),
neuropathy, frozen shoulders, gastroparesis, pregnancies( 28 years and 29
years ago), retinopathy.

Jodi Muirhead
DOB:   11/21/64
Santa Clara, California
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd:  4/13/90
Minimed 507 started 9/97, Minimed 504 started 9/92
Insulin:  Humalog and Velosulin Regular
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Pregnancy (twins born 3/18/93),

John Neale
DOB: November 2, 1965
Bristol, England & Germany
Tel/fax: +49 6131 366005
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: February 2, 1977
Pump: Minimed507, December 15, 1997
Insulin: Humalog
I have personal experience with: Necrobiosis (NLD)

Randall D. Nilson
DOB: 10/25/62
925 E. 3400 N.
North Ogden, UT 84414-3209
day (801)777-0554
eve (801)782-0861
Diag: Dec 1995
email @ redacted (Randy Nilson)
Pump: Minimed 507  Jun 1997

Judy Pruitt
1171 Csokasy Ln
Hobart, IN 46342
46 yrs old
email: JUDY102
Dx : April of '88
Pump: July of '96
Participated in DCCT for 8 yrs
DKA four times
No complications even though I was in the control part of the DCCT study.
Registered Nurse, practicing..Doing oncology.

Ted Quick
DOB:July 17, 1950
Geneva, Ohio
Tele:440 466-2416
Email:email @ redacted
Dxnd:4/12/56 (comatose 4/11/56)
Pump:MiniMed 506, December 17, 1993
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Neuropathy, Minor background
Retinopathy, Diabetic and Congenital cataracts (removed)

Mary Jean Renstrom (email @ redacted)
DOB:  5-23-62
Boise, ID
Tele:  208-322-7971
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd:  April 23, 1990
MiniMed 507, Jan. 28, 1997
Insulin: Velosulin
No complications to date.  I am a member of the IP-developers list, and am
involved in developing the insulin pumper's website.

Lori Richman
DOB: 2-20-58
Wilton, Connecticut
email @ redacted
Minimed 507-started about 1 1/2 years ago on 507-but have been pumping
            for 9+ years on minimed and other pumps
I have experience with: Diabetes and pregnancy

Betsy Sale (mom)/ Stephanie Sale (soon to be pumper...Mar 98)
DOB: 6-14-89
City, State:  Colorado Springs, CO
Tele: (719) 592-9542
email @ redacted (bsale)
Dxnd: 1-27-94
Pump Type, Start Date: Disetronic , March 22, 98
Insulin: Humalog
I, Betsy, have experince with kids and diabetes and convincing one stubborn
endo that a kid can pump!

Debra Scales
DOB: 03/29/62
Austin, TX
email @ redacted (Debbie Scales)
Dxnd: 1980
Pump: MiniMed 507 Oct. 1997
Insulin: Humalog
I have personal experience with: , Neuropathy, Retinopathy, Gastroparesis
(etc., ha ha)

Julie Epstein Sears
DOB:  7/25/58
Santa Barbara, CA
Tele: 805/967-0307 (eves)
(805) 893-3678
(805) 893-8830 FAX
email @ redacted (Julie Sears)
Dxnd: age 8 (1967)
Pump Type and Start Date: n/a--researching this now
Insulin: regular and nph
I have personal experience with retinopathy (severe) and ace inhibitor for
beginning of
kidney probs.   carpel tunnel in both hands which has been diagnosed as a type
Janine Shea
DOB:  January 6, 1966
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Dxnd:  June 26, 1979
Pump:  Minimed 506, Dec 18, 1984
Insulin:  Humulin R
email @ redacted

Marti Smith
DOB: 5/4/52
City, State:  Maumee, OH
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: 7/65 (age 13) 32+ years of experience and still learning!
Pump: Minimed 507  6/97
Insulin: Humolog
I have had experience with pregnancy-25 years ago, Retinopathy-laser &
vitrectomies, neuropathy-feet & hands, vascular disease-aortic & femoral
bypass, frozen joints, both shoulders, and then there are the non-diabetic
health issues!!!

Dan Trump
DOB: 6/19/57
Miamisburg, OH
Tele: (937) 847-8261
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd: 12/80
Pump: Minimed 507, Feb. 98
Insulin: Humalog
I have personal experience with: Diabetes, Cataracts, Mild Neuropathy,
Diabetes complicated septic infection, Gastroparesis.

Rhonda Tyo
City, State:New Haven,WV
email @ redacted (Rhonda Tyo)
Dxnd:March 1966
Pump:mini-med 506, April 22,1996
Insulin:Velosolin BR
2 pregnancies (20 years ago..) Have also dealt with Diabetic retinopathy....

Charlene D. Vilsaint
DOB: 1/31/73
Philadelphia, PA
Shorty email @ redacted
Dxnd: 7/90 - TYPE 1
Pump: MINIMED 507 2/27/98
Insulin: Regular & NPH
I have personal experience with diabetes and pregnacy.  I have an 8 month old

Carol Wasson
Union City, IN
Tele:765 9647925
email @ redacted
Pump: 11/97
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Pregnancy,

Jay Watson
DOB:  5/20/60
Middletown OH
Tele:  (513) 425-0254
Email: email @ redacted
Dxnd:  8/77
Pump:  Disetronic H Tron Plus   11/97
Insulin:  Humalog
I have personal experience with: Exercise effects.

Janet Wiener
DOB: 1966
City, State: Sunnyvale, CA
Email: email @ redacted (Janet Wiener)
Dxnd: 1983
Pump Type and Start Date: Minimed 506 since January, 1995
Insulin: Humalog
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Pregnancy

Glenn Yoder
DOB:    9-6-32
Foster City CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Tele:  Voice (650)341-6466   Fax (650)341-8535
email @ redacted
Dxnd:  September 1960
Pump:  MiniMed 507   April 1994
Insulin:  Humalog
I have personal experience with: Diabetes, Neuropathy, Retinopathy,
Nephropathy, Heart Disease

Email to: email @ redacted
City, State:
Pump type and start date:
I have personal experience with: Diabetes and Pregnancy, Neuropathy,
Retinopathy etc... .