Re: [IP] Accu-Chek Complete--Cast your vote

I just got off the phone with B-M and got pretty much the same
information as you.  The Camit software is for earlier versions of the
Advantage, NOT the Accchek Complete.  I very "nicely" pointed out to the
technician that on page 172 of the Complete manual it says that you can
get a download cable and Camit software to work in conjunction with the
meter.  I then asked her about false advertising, and questioned their
marketing techniques.  She said the Accutility software is not really
for analysis, just more settings to control the meter.  Wouldn't give it
to me.  I asked her when they planned to have something similar to the
Camit software available for the AccuCheck complete meter.  She said
PERHAPS BY THE END OF THIS YEAR.  Well, I gave her an earful.  I told
her that I expected this meter to be as good or better than the One
Touch Profile and accompanying InTouch software.  I USE this software
extensively to evaluate my control.  I HATE logbooks.

I LOVE the AccuChek complete, but I really really want to have a
software program that will do similar things as the OneTouch Profile's
InTouch software.

When my CDE gave this meter to me yesterday, she emphasized the nifty
feature of using it with a computer, being able to fax readings over the
modem, etc..  I think the B-M rep must have had her "snowed."

Anyway, I encourage others to call B-M and express thier interest in
software for the AccuCheck complete.  Maybe this will "light a fire"
under their butts.  1-800-858-8072.

Becky D.

Dan Oliver wrote:
> Hmmm, I think Lori's message got truncated or something, but I just got off
> the phone with Boehringer's Healthcare line and here's what I (sadly) found out:
> 1. The Accutility software _is_ required to set up the Event markers in the
> meter, and is currently available _only_ to physicians.  I expressed my
> displeasure with this silly policy and was told that they are considering
> making it available to end users as well.  I 'cast my vote' with them for
> making it available to us lowly end users, who only have to live with the
> equipment day in and day out, after all.
> 2. There is a special cable required to connect the meter to your computer,
> and the one that works with the Advantage will _not_ work with the Complete.
> 3. Even if you had the cable, the current version of Camit will _not_
> download the data from the meter properly.  A new version is in the works,
> but is not yet available.
> For any of you who are interested, it would be helpful if you could give
> BM's Healthcare line a call and 'cast your vote' as well.  It's toll-free:
> (800)440-3638
> Mention that you're an insulin-pump user, and that you either have or plan
> on getting an Accu-Check Complete (keep in mind that plans _can_ change ;-).
> DanO
> --------
> At 09:48 3/17/98 +0000, Lori may have written:
> >From:          email @ redacted (Lori)
> > I talked to Accucheck tech support last night about
> >downloading the Complete to Camit - the manual says that Take care,
> >Lori

Becky Draper
Hammond, WI