Re: [IP] Accu-check Instant DM

You're right - I did misunderstand you. I had forgotten about this meter!!
I think there are a couple folks on this list or one of the other Diabetes
lists who have been testing this meter for the past couple months. I don't
know how long it has been available (it may not be available at all). I
have a "meter folder" on my computer at home which might have these saved
messages in it - I'll check and see if there are any reviews of the Instant

When the Boehringer Mannheim rep was explaining the new Complete to me,
there was a picture of the Instant DM somewhere in the material we were
reviewing. He indicated that the Accu-Check Complete is the "new version"
of the Instant DM - in essence, replacing it. This confused me a bit, since
I didn't know the Instant DM had ever been released. The rep was fairly
new, though, so he might have been unfamiliar with the product.

The Instant DM looks pretty "whiz bang gizmo kind of thingy" to me.
Keyboard, pop up screen, coooool. I wonder if it has any sound
capabilities? Wouldn't it be neat to get different sounds from your meter,
depending on your BG level??