Re: [IP] Re: Travel Tips for Pumpers/ Low Cartridge

On 16 Mar 98 at 19:38, email @ redacted wrote:

> I have a question for the rest of the group.. A couple times while away from home
> I noticed that my cartridge went low and it was not convenient to refill. I
> remembered
> someone on here who said that since there were 20 units in the tubing and there
> was a way to put air into the cartridge to get the remaining 20 units to come
> out..
> how do you do this?  I mean without having anything with you other than the pump..
> Seems like you would need to have the syringe rod..?
> Forrest

On the MiniMed there is no syringe rod, you just take the syringe
out, disconnect the luer lock and pull back on the plunger to pull
air into the syringe.  Then re-install it into the pump and let it do
its thing.

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.