[IP] diluting insulin

     Ted Quick & Deborah Dill (new person on list) where writing about
     diluting insulin.
     I am also similar to length of 'service' in that I am 36 years (out of
     38) diabetic, going onto my 19th year on the pump!
     Diluting insulin is actually a VERY GOOD technique for many reasons
     and it is extraordinarily upsetting to me that both the pumps and the
     insulins are NOT configured for this.
     If we had a U25 insulin (or even a U50) we would get TWICE the number
     of basal injections per hour (at quarter or half the dose per) which
     would lead to a far more 'level' control (and if you don't believe me
     I did this for quite a while on old style Regular which has a much
     longer curve than Humulog).  It even helps with meals as the square
     wave has more to work with.
     Unfortunately, one MUST use the specific water which was manufactured
     along with the insulin to dilute it, since we discovered that standard
     normal saline 'mucked up' the insulin and either caused it to lose
     potency or to come out of solution (research conducted by all of us
     small oink oink animals who were forced to do this back in the stone
     ages of pumps)