Theresa Walkup wrote:

> Just talked to my Dr., she told me that since it is taking so long to get training scheduled for my pump and that I know what I am doing?  To go ahead and start with saline for a day or two, to get the mechanics down, then I could switch over to insulin.  She also gave the name and phone number of a pumper here in town, that works with Minimed, but has never actually trained anyone.
> I forgot to ask, what kind of saline do I use?  Anyone know?  Please, email me quick!!  And keep your fingers crossed for me!

Sterile saline is sold in vials rather much like any other injectable drug. Not
sure of absolute details,
but it IS only sterile salt water at a proper ration for the body to accept. Try
calling a pharmacy, they can probably tell you about it.

Gee, since you asked me to e-mail, here's me reply.....  :^}

As you said: "Please, email me quick!!"

Ted Quick