Re: [IP] Judy the Globetrotter :

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall Winchester <email @ redacted>
To: JUDY102 <email @ redacted>; email @ redacted
<email @ redacted>
Date: Monday, March 16, 1998 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Judy the Globetrotter :

On 16 Mar 98 at 9:15, JUDY102 wrote:

> The most important thing I've learned is resetting my pump to the exact
> of my destination

My own experience is slightly different and covers usually no more than 4
time zones in a day.

When I leave my current zone, I stay with its time.  When I am destinated, I
change to that time.  I find that the time (zone) I'm living in best matches
my eating, sleeping, ect.  and therefore my basals.

> The most important thing I've learned is resetting my pump to the exact
> of my destination. This came out of necessity. Last trip to Germany, it
> me an entire week of having reactions exactly at 2 a.m. for 1 wk. No
> My settings were for Chicago time activity, not European!  How stupid.
> Whether flying to Hawaii or China, the pump and meter needs to have the
> changed.

What are the mechanics of this change?  When I've travelled east (1
hour faster) I  set the pump up one-half hour the first day and then
to local time on the second day.  That seemed to work pretty well.
When I came back home I just set to local time.   I'm interested in
how this works...
Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.