Re: [IP] Sara's reposnse to Judy - long

URTAsef wrote:
> Judy:
>.  I shoot up and
> get my sugars in line and carry on.  or do you propose I get out the cat-o-
> nine tails for a well deserved flogging?
> Sara
Amen amen.... It's time Judy you spoke for yourself I am a registered
nurse a Diabetic a Pumper...I self diagnosed my diabetes and was
confirmed on christmas eve ...my fasting was 988...the doc called my
house in a panic thought I should be passed out somewhere nope just felt
like hell My first dose of insulin I took I considered a life saver..
I knew enough about diabetes but wanted to know more I went straight to
the book store at the Mall and bought every book I could find then
joined the diabetes assoc I can honestly say at times I felt like being
a diabetic is a pain in the A - standing for abdomen this time but I
knew I had a stronger will to live and I knew for sure I would be the
one to control this thing called diabetes not the other way around It
took three years of constant begging but I finally got my pump  and
guess what I am still in control! Dont cry for me ...I accept what I
cannot change and work to change what I do not accept. I pay the doctor
they are my employees therefore I expect excellent care for my medical
dollars and I get it or I fire the doc. I have been known to send a
doctor a bill for waiting in his office ...my time is valuable too
I have a voice and I will use it so dont speak for me I can do that
myself..I am not ashamed I wear a pump it doesnt inhibit my social life
and if asked about it I take it as an opportunity to train someone on
modern technology not act embarassed about it. I dont care if I click
beep or ring..If someone asks I point to my pump and say time bomb
...youd better clear the area I should be going off soon now!