Re: [IP] travel on pump

-----Original Message-----
From: URTAsef <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Monday, March 16, 1998 11:04 AM
Subject: [IP] travel on pump

>Dear Carol:
>I have a lot of experience traveling on the pump - I have been to France,
>and England on the pump, as well as all over this country.
>Carol; it will get easier - just don't put the block in your mind - We all
>have baggage - the pump is just one little extra carry on bag you have to
>take...and really, put your supplies in a carry on bag - don't let them
>it away from you cuz the overhead bins are full!!!

Carol,  I agree 100%  My most unnerving experience came about 15 years ? ago
when I was still on the Autosyringe.  Returning to the states,  I rushed
thru the Miami airport late for a connection to the west coast  A zealous
employee tell me I had to put "that thing" in the tray to go thru the
scanner.  With great calm and presents of mind - as in blown out of - I
screamed "I can't it's a medical device and it's attached to me.  I'll show
you."  And as I started to undo my belt he reluctantly let me thru to the

This pump was 3 times the size of todays.  Like everyone says we're so
lucky.  Today I could just disconnect. it.