Re: [IP] New Meter Trial

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you are happy with the meter's
capabilities ;-)

I have been using this meter for about the same length of time as you and
share your opinion that this is a very useful tool. I am optimistic that
the software "add ons" will add even more to its inherent value.

Re:  The number of test "results" which can be stored in memory ....

It's my understanding that the meter can store up to 1000 "events". An
event is defined as a diary entry, an "event marker" or some other
notation. This makes sense to me, since the meter obviously has a fixed
amount of memory. Since each BG test will let you enter up to 4 event
markers, even with this "limited memory", the meter compares well to the
Profile, which holds up to 250 results (the Complete could hold 250 test
results with 4 event markers each). In addition, scrolling through test
results and averages is *much* easier with the Complete.

I mentioned to someone else that the meter comes with a coupon for up to an
$85 rebate (sales slip plus trade in your old meter). This can help reduce
the estimated cost considerably.

mailto:email @ redacted

>Hi Everyone,
>There has been a lot of talk about the new AccuChek Complete meter.  I have
>been using this meter now for about a week.  Let me say that it is an
>excellent meter.  For a while I tested my blood sugar twice at the same time.
>With the One Touch Profile and the new AccuChek.  Both meters gave me the
>result or would be 5 points off of each other.  The AccuChek is the same size
>as the Profile and completes a test in 40 seconds.  It stores 1,000 test
>results.  This meter is like a miniature computer.  It reminds me of windows
>in a computer.  You open up a screen and it branches off to other areas.  You
>can store all sorts of data in regards to what type of insulin you use and
>much.  Exercise and the intensity and duration.  Carbos eaten, hypoglycemia
>events, A1c results, Ketones, Pump profiles, Boluses, Basal Rates, Temp.
>Rates, Square Wave Bolus.  It also does a graph on the screen and shows you
>blood sugars trends and like the Profile it averages your blood sugars.  This
>meter gives you averages for the past 48 hours, 7 day, 14 day, and 30 day.
>And like the Profile you can hook the meter up to your computer.
>My CDE said the meters cost around $120.  I got this one free because I am on
>the trial for it.  So far I really like it.
Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted