Re: [IP] New Meter Trial

Hi Everyone,

There has been a lot of talk about the new AccuChek Complete meter.  I have
been using this meter now for about a week.  Let me say that it is an
excellent meter.  For a while I tested my blood sugar twice at the same time.
With the One Touch Profile and the new AccuChek.  Both meters gave me the same
result or would be 5 points off of each other.  The AccuChek is the same size
as the Profile and completes a test in 40 seconds.  It stores 1,000 test
results.  This meter is like a miniature computer.  It reminds me of windows
in a computer.  You open up a screen and it branches off to other areas.  You
can store all sorts of data in regards to what type of insulin you use and how
much.  Exercise and the intensity and duration.  Carbos eaten, hypoglycemia
events, A1c results, Ketones, Pump profiles, Boluses, Basal Rates, Temp.
Rates, Square Wave Bolus.  It also does a graph on the screen and shows you
blood sugars trends and like the Profile it averages your blood sugars.  This
meter gives you averages for the past 48 hours, 7 day, 14 day, and 30 day.
And like the Profile you can hook the meter up to your computer.

My CDE said the meters cost around $120.  I got this one free because I am on
the trial for it.  So far I really like it.