[IP] 12 Step Program

In a message dated 98-03-13 19:57:39 EST, Marti write:

>  I understand.  I ran a support group on a psychiatric unit for diabetics
> out of control.  I used the same 12 step process as alcoholics anonymous
> It worked great.  Then I ran to my locker to scarf down my twinkies!!!
This is really true.  Not being an alcoholic, I read part of the Big Blue book
used in the 12 step program to better understand what my cousin was going
through with her alcoholism.  BOY DOES SOME OF THIS APPLY TO DIABETES!

I would love to join a 12 step program for people with chronic illness, that
helps us through the psychological difficulties!  Not just diabetes, but
cancer and MS and other things that don't just affect the lengths of our
lives, but the quality of what we have.

Instead of Friends of Bill W, we could call it Best Friends (as in Dr. best
one of the discoverers of insulin)