Re: [IP] Judy the Globetrotter :

I've learned so much about traveling with the pump.  Mostly through mistakes
I've made.  Once in San Diego the airline forced me off the plane because I
had a serious bout with vomiting before I got on the plane.  Someone who was
on the transfer van from my hotel to the airport reported to the crew that I
was a serious diabetic, too ill to fly and on a pump. The pilot refused to
leave with me on the plane.  This was just last year!  They offered me first
class tickets to make up for it the next day, but imagine my humiliation,
testing my bgs right in front of everyone, trying to convince the crew that I
had everything under control and indeed could fly.  I flew out for home (to
O'Hare) in Chicago.  It ended up I was probably too sick to fly that day, as I
vomited for the next 8 hrs or so, but still, it was a difficult trip.  Pilots
and crew can arbitrarily kick you off their plane at their discretion. In my
case, the crew said they were afraid they couldn't handle the potential

The most important thing I've learned is resetting my pump to the exact time
of my destination. This came out of necessity. Last trip to Germany, it took
me an entire week of having reactions exactly at 2 a.m. for 1 wk. No kidding.
My settings were for Chicago time activity, not European!  How stupid.
Whether flying to Hawaii or China, the pump and meter needs to have the times
Judy P.