Re: [IP] The Flu

My understanding of flu vaccines is that they are developed through a
fairly sophisticated "guessing game".  Typically, research indicates what
particular strain of flu should be prevalent this year, based on
statistics, studies of flu outbreaks in other countries, etc. Based on this
evidence, vaccines are developed to ward off those particular strains most
likely to be a problem for the coming flu season. Then fate steps in....

Supposedly, this year's vaccine was prepared and distributed just in time
to be "obsoleted" by another more strain which was wacking the heck out of
everyone. So much for being prepared ;-(

My guess is that you did not get the strain of flu which you were
vaccinated against, but one of the "latest models". No matter what the
reason, being sick still stinks. Hope you feel better quickly.

mailto:email @ redacted

>Hi everyone,
>This may be old news, but in case some of you didn't know it I'll tell you
>I know from first-hand experience.  Came down with it Friday afternoon and
>have felt like HELL all weekend.  I have managed to keep my blood sugars OK,
>though, despite losing the contents of my stomach.  It is much easier with
>pump.  I'm over the worst of it now.  Starting to regain my appetite although
>it will be awhile before I'm ready for those Oreos! :-)
>Just wanted the rest of you to know so that you don't go around thinking you
>have an invisible shield if you got a flu shot.
Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted