Re: [IP] the pump is NOT scary

-----Original Message-----
From: JUDY102 <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Saturday, March 14, 1998 2:34 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] the pump is NOT scary

>I was scared.  So what.   I've faced many
>things in my life.    I
>was pushed into the use of the pump.  Not consulted, not asked, not treated
>like a thinking, intelligent adult.  I was scared.  The pump scared me.  So
>shoot me.  I'm on it.  I've learned it.  I'm grateful.  >Insulin-Pumpers
website   http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

Hi Judy,

I too was pushed into the pump thing.  I was in the hospital with a bladder
infection which did not want to give way to modern science.  My endo, a
diabetic on a pump himself, persuaded my husband that I should not leave the
hospital without a pump.  They effectively twisted my arm.

I was bewildered, angry, & resentful.  However that's now thankful.  YO-OWL