Re: [IP] A Toast!

My participation in the DCCT answered your question in this manner.  Alcohol
tends to lower BGs and people often end of having reactions for two reason. 1.
They tend to eat less as they drink more.  2.  The body can only concentrate
on converting your exogenous insulin.  It will work on this insulin, thereby
lowering your BS instead of working to get the carbs down from food and drink.
Now, I could be wrong and would appreciate anyone elses experiences.  I always
have a huge drop in my blood sugar when I drink.  It affects me so strongly
that I usually shy away from drinking.  As I've said before, I am extremely
sensitive to R and I'm rather petite.  That also effects BGs.
Judy P.