Re: [IP] Kids on pumps!

Sorry Michael, but I have to disagree a bit.  You're right that good diabetes
control should include all these things too.  BUT

Good diabetes control does not include site problems, a roll of fat that
accumulates on your tummy, being constantly attached to this thing-- even if it
is small.  I spent my teenage years and my 20's (college and grad school years)
on a pump. It can be a terrific thing.  Even less so than careful diabetes
monitoring, it never ever goes away.   It is better than the alternatives.  BUT
it is a constant ever present thing to think about -- especially with clothing!

I don't mean to put down pumps.  But they are an enormous amount of work and
take an enormous amount of self confidence -- as I rediscovered a year ago
trying on wedding dresses at an outlet with communal dressing rooms.

Sorry for the contradictions.  But by the time I was 17 or 18 I would have
killed for a day, week, month off regardless of how lucky I was supposed to