Re: [IP] WANTED:SOF-SERTER & Glucometer Elite

email @ redacted wrote:
> Ernie:
> Here's an idea that has worked for me before. You will have to decide if
> you are comfortable with this approach though.
> Call MiniMed. Tell them how helpful the SofSerter has been for you. Tell
> them that it seems like a *necessary* tool to guarantee good success with
> the infusion sets. Then tell them it is unfortunate that users have to pay
> extra for this, especially when they require one in their backup supply
> kit. In other words, "shame them" a little bit (a poor choice of word,
> perhaps, but it's the best I can do early in the morning ;-)). They may be
> able to provide one to you at a very reasonable cost. Depending on how
> convincing you are, you may be able to get it for free. Remember, they *do*
> want you to continue using the product and they will probably help you out.
> Bob
> mailto:email @ redacted
> >Hi,
> >I'm trying to build-up my backup kit, and I'm stuck on two items:
> >
> >Minimed's Sof-Serter
> >& a Glucometer Elite (BG meter by Bayer).
> >
> >Anyone have either, or both of these they'd like to get rid of?
> >
> >I know I can buy the SOF-SERTER from Minimed for $50.00, and the Glucometer
> >Elite from my pharmacy at $75.00, but I hate to pay retail for these.
> >
> >I already have one of each, but I'd like to keep a backup set at the office.
> >Anyone want to sell/trade for these?
> >
> >ernie garcia
> >email @ redacted
> >ernie garcia email @ redacted OR email @ redacted
> >DX ~18 years  Minimed 507 pumping Humalog ~ 5 months --& It's great!
> >Insulin-Pumpers website   http://www.bizsystems.com/Diabetes/

I called MiniMed about 3 months ago to ask for a sample of the soft set
to try since I had been using the bent needle for almost 5 years. They
sent me about 5 SofSet infusion sets, AND a SofSerter free. I can't
believe they actually get $50 for that plastic piece of sh_t. It works
wonders, but certainly not worth $50. That is even more apparent when
they shipped me one free and I didn't ask, let alone beg for one!!

Good Luck,