[IP] Sinner or Saint

Don't any of you struggle out there? People going to town about eating a
couple of oreos! I'm beginning to feel like the outcast sinner.

Eating the way I should is a constant diet, total HELL. I rarely am able to
stick to it. Having to take 15 to 20 units of insuling to cover a meal is more
than an occassional thing here. (yes, I am overweight. As predicted, started
gaining when I started to get in control.)

I believe, I read something about someone who "supposedly" never took care of
themselves until recently, but had given lectures about glucose machines at
age 18???? I couldn't have done that, I didn't test my bg more than 5 times a
year until about 3 years ago. (22 years diabetic) I took two shots a day, then
ignored being diabetic. Ate like a pig and drank like a fish. Outside of guilt
and fear, I never struggled with my diabetes until I got the pump.

Am I the only one here that fights to keep testing, eating and exercising? Or
have all the other sinners died off?

And Rona,
You asked about occassional drinking. Without the pump, I just made sure I ate
a hamburger before going to bed so I wouldn't bottom out when the sugars
dropped. Having high bg was easier to ignore, probably kept me out o fthe
hospital all these years. But now, (as I gave up alcohol, more or less) for
the occassional martinis, I again make sure, I've eaten a little extra and
wake at 3 am to test. Kinda takes the fun outta drinking. There are carb
charts for alcohol but you gotta watch the drop later. Keep in mind, YMMV.