[IP] Sinner or Saint

Don't any of you struggle out there? People going to town about eating a
couple of oreos! I'm beginning to feel like the outcast sinner.

Eating the way I should is a constant diet, total HELL. I rarely am able to
stick to it. Having to take 15 to 20 units of insuling to cover a meal is more
than an occassional thing here. (yes, I am overweight. As predicted, started
gaining when I started to get in control.)

I believe, I read something about someone who "supposedly" never took care of
themselves until recently, but had given lectures about glucose machines at
age 18???? I couldn't have done that, I didn't test my bg more than 5 times a
year until about 3 years ago. (22 years diabetic) I took two shots a day, then
ignored being diabetic. Ate like a pig and drank like a fish. Outside of guilt
and fear, I never struggled with my diabetes until I got the pump.

Am I the only one here that fights to keep testing, eating and exercising? Or
have all the other sinners died off?
    Katie

And Rona,
You asked about occassional drinking. Without the pump, I just made sure I ate
a hamburger before going to bed so I wouldn't bottom out when the sugars
dropped. Having high bg was easier to ignore, probably kept me out o fthe
hospital all these years. But now, (as I gave up alcohol, more or less) for
the occassional martinis, I again make sure, I've eaten a little extra and
wake at 3 am to test. Kinda takes the fun outta drinking. There are carb
charts for alcohol but you gotta watch the drop later. Keep in mind, YMMV.