[IP] Basal rate check

I've been having some difficulty - i.e. severe lows - with my morning basal rate.  I have been working with my endo, and am finally getting close.  I called and talked to the CDE this morning, and told her that things were looking better and that I had checked the basals (the 3 a.m. to 6 a.m.  and 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. ) by fasting and doing hourly sugars.  I got read the riot act.  She said that fasting puts me in starvation mode and won't tell me anything.  Granted, she has decided that since the gastro problems began I have become anorexic.   I love food, I just avoid fat because it makes me feel terrible.  I go into munch mania occasionally - anyway, I digress.  How do I respond to her comment on starvation mode?  I already reminded her that my endo said that I can do this.  Her response was that we have to know we're close first - doesn't seem logical to me.  Thanks for the help.
Take care,
dx'71, MM507 1/98, Humalog

ps - I did get a Complete out of the conversation though.  Now I just have to get the software.  Even after loading in "Safe Mode", uninstalling every other program on our computer, we can't get Camit to load.  The other half of the we is a computer engineer with a BS in software and an MS in hardware - go figure.  Hopefully, the numerous calls we've made to B.M. have been logged and they'll give in easily.