Re: [IP] Kids on pumps!

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted
-----Original Message-----
From: Rose Lulla <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
Date: Thursday, March 12, 1998 10:32 PM
Subject: [IP] Kids on pumps!

>>Just my opinion:  I don't think the wonderful children out there are
>>credit enough for being able to learn as much as they are able.  How
>many of
>>us older folks had today's computer technology and video games at our
>Thank you Barbara.  This is my point exactly.  The kids can spin circles
>around most of us adults.  Kids are not intimidated by technology like
>adults.  They have no fear of breaking a very expensive computer/pump/vcr
>or whatever.  As adults we are more apt to look at what something will
>cost us to fix, if we mess it up, than we are to think that we are
>smarter than said "machine."  We just need to give the kids a chance that
>want to do all they can to control the monster that has taken over their
>Rose(aka Ravi's mom),
    You are right on! If you stop and think everything a child has to learn
is brand new, to them. It is a matter of survival most of the time. The only
time a child will not learn a new skill it is because he/she either is not
exposed to it by not having the opportunity OR the parents have sheltered
then from it (here again is reason 1) not giving the the opportunity. It is
a proven fact that kids with their "new minds" and "new eyes" see everything
differently that do us so-called adults. If given the chance they can master
anything their parents did and much quicker and with less effort because
they have all the advantages we did not. Give the child a new 507 and the
literature that came with it, a few words of wisdom and encouragement and
get out of the way. Most, not all, will prove my point. They will understand
the things that took we adults weeks to grasp. People are more intelligent
now that 30 or 40 years ago. These kids are our future. . . .  .let them
have the advantage of our knowledge and technology and get out of their way.

Just my opinion,

Buddy '-)   email @ redacted