Re: [IP] Bayer Glucometer Elite Accuracy

email @ redacted wrote:
> I just got the Bayer Glucometer Elite and I am concerned that it is not nearly as
> accurate as my one touch... I appears the the Bayer model "adds" 20-50 points on
> the readings..  but it is so small it's great... I wanted an extra meter to keep
> at work
> with me.  Does anyone else have problems with this meter?

Thing is the Elite is set up to read on a slightly different scale. It expands
result by 15% or such to equal "serum" blood tests, as done in a doctor's lab.
I know it's different, I use a OT Profile and my new doctor's office uses an
Elite. I tested myself at 116, his nurse got 130.

Ted Quick