Re: [IP] Any last minute advice before I get my pump?

On 11 Mar 98 at 22:28, Ted Quick wrote:

> The Silhouette kind of infusion set is SO much better than the QR!
> Having a 2" bit of hose hanging free to get caught in clothing, and
> also being too hard to detach and attach was driving me away from the QR
> even before I saw the Pureline Comfort (Silhouette style) sets.
>
> Having the disconnect built right into a secure tape based disc that's
> simple to remove and re-attach right on the skin is SO much better! I
> can't rip them off without applying major directed force (fingernail under
> edge peal back over it, unlike the QR baseless system that takes 3 layers
> of tape to "hold" it on,then falls off with little provocation.
>
> The canula is another major difference. Teflon going STRAIGHT in is
> always bothersome, since anything that pushes the base in or to the
> side tends to either crumple the teflon end to end, crimp it by twisting it,
> or dislodge the tape. A canula off the side, where it will only flex
> slightly when pushed in, with the strong tape base, makes it unlikely
> that they will be crimped. The variable angle also lets me adjust the depth
> of penetration, important since I am thin and my fat layer isn't necessarily
> just the right thickness. The Silhoutte/Tender/Comfort design is so MUCH
> better than the QR!

For me the SoftSet is working fine.  I cannot imagine inserting one
of those angled things without using the SofSerter!  Of course I'm
one of those people with ample body fat to put it in...   Just goes
to show that the same design won't work for everyone...

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.